In this edition, we explore the dynamic world of sustainable beauty with a true expert, Thomas Kerfoot, who is a co-founder of O&3, The Oil Family. Thomas brings over 17 years of passionate expertise to the conversation. His self-proclaimed “oil nerd” status sets the stage for an enlightening journey into the fascinating realm of natural oil ingredients.
O&3 isn’t your typical manufacturer or cosmetic ingredient supplier. It is a pioneering force, not only distributing, but innovating by bringing unique ingredients from remote corners of the world to clients globally. What’s more, the company is committed to upcycling and zero waste, and to understanding the profound impact of natural ingredients on the ever-evolving beauty industry.
Join Formula Botanica CEO and podcast host Lorraine Dallmeier in conversation with Thomas for an episode that unravels the secrets of sustainable beauty practices, and offers a deep dive into the importance of conscious sourcing. Whether you’re a beauty enthusiast or an industry professional, get ready for an engaging dialogue that goes beyond the surface, exploring the cross-over of sustainability and natural beauty innovation.Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Spotify Subscribe on YouTube
“Sustainability in beauty is not just a choice; it’s a commitment to a harmonious relationship with nature, an exploration of diverse botanical wonders, and a celebration of the transformative power within every drop of natural oil.” – Thomas Kerfoot, Co-founder of O&3, The Oil Family.
In this episode with Thomas Kerfoot, co-founder of O&3, you will hear:
- Insights into O&3’s mission to provide natural oil ingredients sourced from remote origins around the world and how they ensure the highest quality for their clients.
- Thomas’s passion for upcycling and zero waste, unraveling the process behind O&3’s cold-pressed oils and their commitment to transparency in the supply chain.
- The launch of Inky Ingredients, a platform designed to empower small makers and consumers with easy access to high-quality ingredients in customisable quantities.
- The challenges and opportunities in the beauty industry’s shift towards sustainability, as Thomas shares his perspectives on the future of upcycling cosmetic ingredients.
Key takeouts include:
- The significance of O&3’s unique position as a supplier, not just to global brands but also to indie beauty startups, showcasing their commitment to inclusivity in the natural ingredient space.
- Thomas’s journey from growing up in a family deeply rooted in the vegetable oil industry to co-founding O&3 with his sisters, creating a legacy as “The Oil Family.”
- The emergence of Inky Ingredients as a game-changer, simplifying the ingredient sourcing process for small-scale formulators and encouraging sustainable practices within the beauty community.
- Practical tips for incorporating sustainable beauty practices into your daily routine, empowering you to make conscious choices for a greener and more radiant future.
Meet our guest: Thomas Kerfoot
Thomas Kerfoot is the co-founder and commercial director of O&3 – The Oil Family. O&3 is one of Europe’s largest natural oil ingredient suppliers with operations in the UK, Poland & USA. The company prides itself on a core focus of natural and organic ingredients, that are not only functional but wherever possible – planet friendly. O&3 has a diverse supply chain throughout the world importing from 48 different origins, delivering ingredients from far fetched communities directly to start-up indie brands and some of the world’s most recognisable cosmetic brands.
Thomas is a self-proclaimed “oil-nerd” – he has lived and breathed oil all his life due to his family heritage in the natural oil ingredients sector. He is a strong believer that consumers have woken up to the powers of natural oils and the good they can serve in not only your formulations, but also the planet and communities throughout the world.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of the Formula Botanica Green Beauty Conversations podcast. If you enjoyed listening, please share, subscribe and review this episode on iTunes, Spotify or Youtube so that more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Leave us a comment
Lorraine Dallmeier is a Biologist, Chartered Environmentalist and the CEO of Formula Botanica, the award-winning online organic cosmetic science school. Read more about Lorraine and the Formula Botanica Team.