You want to start your own organic or natural skincare brand anywhere in the world You have been making DIY skincare and you want to turn your hobby into a business You want to learn how to formulate professional quality organic skincare You want to make sure that your business complies with the law in your country You want to enrol for the most popular natural skincare course on the internet You want to enrol with an accredited and gold award-winning education provider
Diploma in Organic Skincare Formulation
Enrolment closes in:
Our Diploma in Organic Skincare Formulation teaches you everything you need to know to create your own natural skincare, start your own natural and organic skincare business, or how to add your all-natural skincare range to your salon or spa.
This online natural skincare course has been followed by over 6000 people all over the world and has launched many careers and businesses in the organic skincare sector. Our foundation Diploma is our most popular course and is suitable for anyone who is completely new to skincare formulating.
Become an Innovator, not a Recipe Follower
We teach you the formula to creating any organic skincare product from scratch, which will set you apart from other skincare formulators who just follow recipes. Instead you will be taught to confidently create your own unique designs that reflect your vision and contain your favourite ingredients.
Create Beautiful Facial, Body and Spa Skincare
Learn how to formulate luxury natural skincare products that contain the finest botanical cold-pressed oils, rich exotic organic butters, subtly fragrant flower waters, sun-dried clays, all-natural waxes, and the most exquisite essential oils. Create aroma-therapeutic blends with essential oils, flower, seed and plant extracts.
Study the Science of Natural Skincare
Become fluent in the language of skincare science. Learn all about the anatomy and physiology of the skin. Study how to formulate (it’s easy and fun!) and learn how to research your ingredients. Understand how to turn your skincare business into a success and make your skincare range compliant with the law.
Build your own Indie Beauty Brand
Take your newly-found formulation skills and become an indie beauty formulator, confidently creating your own unique creams, lotions, cleansers, toners, moisturisers, gels, foaming products, masks, balms, butters, and more, using gorgeous natural ingredients. Then learn how to sell those formulations anywhere in the world!
This course is for you if:
“Over the past 2 years I have spent a chunk of money studying with others but never felt satisfied with my understanding of ingredients, formulation methods or skin and cosmetic science at the end of these courses. As soon as I started my first module with Formula Botanica, I knew I had come to the right place. The teachers are experts you can trust; they aren’t hobbyists who have learnt all their knowledge from google or rumors that circulate blogs. Don’t waste time studying with anyone else. Formula Botanica is the real deal.”
You want to start your own organic or natural skincare brand anywhere in the world
You have been making DIY skincare and you want to turn your hobby into a business
You want to learn how to formulate professional quality organic skincare
You want to make sure that your business complies with the law in your country
You want to enrol for the most popular natural skincare course on the internet
You want to enrol with an accredited and gold award-winning education provider
DOSF2001 – Getting Started
- Introduction to organic cosmetic ingredients
- Learn how to research ingredients like a formulator
- The 4 most important points every formulator should know
- Download your Ingredients & Equipment Directory to get started
- Course bonus: Carrier Oils Handbook profiling 30 oils together with a helpful oil penetration chart
DOSF2002 – Formulation Design
- Understand how a formulation is created and structured
- Learn how to formulate a product from scratch without following a recipe
- Study how to record your formulations in weight and percentages
- The 5 critical steps to using essential oils safely
- Learn how to implement Good Manufacturing Practice and safely preserve your product
- Course bonus: Essential Oils Dermal Limits Guide
DOSF2003 – Formulation Skills
- Put your theory into practice and formulate your first products!
- Formulate from scratch without using a recipe
- Follow our expert video tuition to learn how to create your first formulations
- Learn how to create a warm-blended cream, a cold-blended cream and an oil blend by following our video demonstrations
“The best decision I’ve ever made in my entire life was to enroll and finish my Diploma in Organic Skin Care Formulation at Formula Botanica. Excellent! no second thought I highly recommend this online school in Organic Skin Care formulation to anyone.”
DOSF5001 – Spa Cleansers
- Learn how to formulate organic spa cleansers, which help exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells
- Formulate organic facial polishes
- Formulate organic body scrubs
- Follow our expert video tuition to learn from our sample formulations
DOSF5002 – Spa Treatments
- Learn how to formulate organic spa treatments, which your customer can use to pamper themselves at home
- Formulate organic facial masques
- Formulate organic body masques
- Formulate organic massage oils
- Follow our expert video tuition to learn from our sample formulations
“I just want to say thank you to all the team at Formula Botanica, you are amazing. It is a joy working with you, you are always very helpful and great to give practical advice. The Diploma in Organic Skincare Formulation has helped me a lot and I am now where I wanted to be, starting my own organic skincare brand.”
DOSF8001 – Labelling + Claims
- Learn how to correct label your skincare product step by step
- Set up a batch recording system for your lab
- Calculate allergens for your cosmetic label declarations
- Learn which claims you can and cannot make around the world
- Study the different labelling requirements around the world (Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and more)
- Work through our handy checklist to ensure your labels are compliant
- Play ‘Name that Claim’
- Course bonus: Cosmetic Allergen Declaration Calculator
DOSF8002 – Global Compliance
- Study the difference between cosmetic regulations in 48 countries
- Learn how to implement Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Find out if you can manufacture cosmetics at home in your country
- Learn the different tests you’ll need to undertake to sell your cosmetics
- Create your own Product Information File with our 11-step checklist
- Research which type of business insurance you’ll need
- Course bonus: Product Information File template
“Absolutely loved studying the ‘Diploma in Organic Skincare Formulation’ with Formula Botanica. I thought I knew a fair bit about organic skincare but the depth of this course proved me otherwise. The course takes you from a hobbyist to a professional with a ton of support along the way. One of the best parts for me was learning to comply to the rigorous E.U. cosmetic laws and understanding how to keep up to date with any updates to these laws. That just in itself makes me feel much more confident.”
When you study with Formula Botanica, you become part of a close-knit international community of students and graduates all around the world. We support you all throughout your studies and beyond, and we give you access to our expert botanical skincare science and business files while you are enrolled on your courses.
Bonus 1 – Become Part of the Loveliest Formulation Community on the Internet
Once you enrol with us, you are welcomed into our international student community groups which contain many hundreds of our students and graduates from all over the world. Everyone knows each other and many of our students meet up in their respective countries to share information and formulate together.
In our groups you will receive expert tutor support and peer support. Ask questions, share photos, troubleshoot formulations. Celebrate your victories and get encouragement when you need it. You are never alone.
Bonus 2 – Access our Student Library
When you become a student with Formula Botanica, you also gain exclusive access to our Student Resources Library for the duration of your course. Access our:
Preferred supplier guide which contains hundreds of global companies
Extensive ingredients directory with listings of over 100 natural ingredients
Formulation percentage-to-weight calculator
Collection of many hours of expert webinars
Scientific research collection
Recommended reading list
Bonus 3 – Ongoing Support After Graduation
The support doesn’t finish when you graduate. We want to keep in touch with you once you’ve finished your course and support your career in organic skincare. We offer lots of free promotion for our graduates because we want to help give your business the support it needs when you launch it or as you grow it.
You remain a member of our Online Classroom for life, because we want to keep in touch and support you and your beauty brand. We reach over 1,000,000 people per month through our digital networks and will help you get your brand in front of the world.
Bonus 4 – Earn Formula Botanica Bonus Badges
Formula Botanica issues special Moodle Badges to students who pass their courses successfully (Moodle is the name of our award-winning and accredited eLearning Platform). These badges can be used on your resume, social media pages and LinkedIn profile to demonstrate that you are a skilled organic formulator. We have also hidden a few surprise badges in the course materials for students who pass certain Modules with a distinction grade!
Formula Botanica operates a term time system, so we can get all of our students started at the same time and run online study groups.
Term times run in the following months:
- Winter Term: January
- Summer Term: July
Enrolment for all of our courses will be open during this period. If you want to be the first to hear when we open enrolment, make sure you pre-register for this course.