We have some very exciting news to share with you… Our brand new e-learning platform will be launching on Thursday 12th August 2021.
Formula Botanica currently serves 14,000+ students worldwide. On our mission to teach the world to formulate, we’re always working to provide our students with an unforgettable learning experience to streamline your studies. For the last 18 months, the Formula Botanica Team have been working tirelessly to create our new e-learning platform.
We took your feedback and worked with our technical and design team to completely customise the platform and cater to you, our students. We are very proud of the platform and know you will love the wonderful new look and enhanced features.
In this post, we’ll take you through the frequently asked questions and share some exclusive sneak peeks of the new e-learning platform.
When will the new e-learning platform be ready?
The new e-learning platform will be ready for you to use on Thursday 12th August.
The day before, Wednesday 11th August, the platform will be offline for 24 hours. All students and Lab members will be affected by this downtime, which means you won’t be able to access your courses or our membership site, the Lab at Formula Botanica.
All students will receive a notification via email on 11th August to remind you of the downtime. When the new platform is ready on Thursday 12th August 2021, you will receive another notification via email for you to login, explore and continue studying.
We ask for your patience as our the technical team is going to be working very hard on the date to get the platform ready for you.
What are the new features?
- New design – Our new e-learning platform has been completely re-designed, offering a more intuitive experience.
- Resume button – You are now able to continue your studies, accessing the last activity and continuing from where you left.
- Badges – All your badges are now shown on your dashboard for easy access.
- Getting started – A getting started section has been set up as a guide to the platform.
- Course progress – In addition to the existing course progress feature, you can see an overview of the modules and your progress through them.
- Shorter study sessions – The course lessons are laid out in a new design, which allows for more frequent and shorter study sessions.
Why did you make this change?
Formula Botanica currently serves 14,000+ students across the world and we are constantly working to improve. We listen to all of your feedback and keep up to date with the latest technology to offer you the best possible learning experience.
Our award-winning e-learning platform uses global online learning software that is used by all major universities around the world. This powerful platform delivers the Formula Botanica community with a set of student-centric tools that empower both teaching and learning. In designing a bespoke e-learning platform which is entirely tailored to our students’ needs, we are continuing to help many thousands of organic skincare entrepreneurs around the world to fulfil their dream of starting their own artisan cosmetics brand.
How do I get help?
As with everything new, it’s completely normal to have an adjustment period while you get used to the new platform. To make your transition as seamless, we are here to support you:
- Orientation course – This new courses will take you through everything you need to know about the new e-learning platform. We recommend that you access the Orientation course when you first log in, it is available to all students on their dashboard.
- Student Experience Team – Our awesome, dedicated Student Experience Team will be ready to assist you via our student exclusive email in case you need any extra support navigating through the new e-learning platform.
Leave us a comment
Lorraine Dallmeier is a Biologist, Chartered Environmentalist and the CEO of Formula Botanica, the award-winning online organic cosmetic science school. Read more about Lorraine and the Formula Botanica Team.