Job posted on: 1st of August 2019
Welcome to Formula Botanica
Formula Botanica is the world’s leading organic cosmetic science school. Founded in 2012, we have grown to a global multinational teaching institution, training many thousands of cosmetic formulators through our award-winning online courses. Accredited by the UK’s Open & Distance Learning Quality Council, we teach through our core values of quality, integrity and sustainability.
Our goal is to teach our students how to formulate safe, stable and sellable botanical cosmetics. Our courses bring together the concepts of plant power and wellbeing, by combining botanical extracts and green chemistry to create skin- and haircare that makes us feel happy and healthy.
Formula Botanica’s team is located all around the world. We work from home and have a virtual office environment where the team works closely together. We are now looking to expand our team and have an opening for a Student Adviser.
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Marketing team in a brand new role. You will be supporting multi-channel digital marketing campaigns, using your in-depth knowledge of SEO and Google to ensure optimum rankings and monitoring and reporting on campaign performance.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work with our external marketing consultancy to deliver digital marketing campaigns encompassing email and social media that extend our audience reach
- Understand our marketing campaigns which are built in Infusionsoft and be able to build, modify and troubleshoot them
- Be able to create complex funnels in minute detail
- Understand and apply our tagging algorithm
- Be able to build integrations with other systems such as PlusThis and Zapier
- Set up and oversee paid advertising campaigns, gathering insights on channel performance and optimizing spend to achieve business results
- Monitor and report on performance using tools such as Google Analytics
- Provide informative and well-structured reports / analytics on web and digital marketing performance that assess against goals (e.g. Google rankings, traffic, conversions, ROI) that inform strategy and decision-making
- Monitor industry web and digital marketing initiatives and drive new, innovative online approaches to constantly improve our presence
- Keep up to date with new social media tactics, trends and technologies, implementing these in developing current and upcoming campaigns
- Drive and make recommendations regarding how to most effectively engage customers within digital channels (e.g. cadence, frequency, etc.)
- Use data and testing to optimize and improve marketing content and targeting for all communications
Our Technical Digital Marketing Specialist will be organised, hands on and in your element in a fast-paced environment. Skills and experience required are:
- At least two years’ experience in all elements of digital marketing – from email campaigns through to social media, digital media planning and campaign tracking / evaluation.
- Experience of CRM / email, both at the analytical level and in terms of managing campaigns
- Experience of setting up and managing PPC campaigns and measuring success
- Demonstrable experience of identifying SEO optimisation opportunities and implementing improvements
- Strong analytical capability with experience of using a range of analysis, reporting and channel management/optimisation tools e.g. Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, SEO ranking, and keyword analysis tools
- An ability to analyse data to optimise performance and communicate insights to management team
- Be proactive, with an ability to deliver campaigns/projects from start to finish
- Be able to keep to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly
- Able to learn quickly, work independently and efficiently
- Be prepared to step in outside of working hours to mop stuff up where required
- A passion for technology
- A sound commercial understanding and sharp mind
- Experience with Google Analytics – being able to audit campaigns in order to find gaps and opportunities to improve performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Detail oriented (e.g. able to review large volumes of content & catch even minor errors)
Location, Contract & Remuneration
This is a home-based position on a full-time employment contract, where the right individual will need to access Formula Botanica’s systems from home. We will train you to understand all of our systems and processes. We are looking for applicants in the UK only. You must be able to travel within the UK as we host face-to-face team meetings and also expect you to work at our live events.
This is a full-time contract (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday). Occasional weekend work will be required during our 4-5 annual enrolment periods.
We offer the following employment package for the right candidate:
- £22,000 – 25,000 p.a.
- 25 days holiday pay
- Pension contribution
- A generous monthly home working allowance, to cover your computer and office requirements
Please note: we are looking for people who are as passionate about education and green beauty as we are, who are looking to build long term, collaborative and fulfilling relationships with our staff and students. If you are looking for a short term position to supplement your existing work then this is not the place for you.
Formula Botanica continues to grow and expand and the ideal candidate will be one who is on the look out for opportunities to expand their role and knowledge within an innovative environment.
How to ApplyApply now
Please note that we will only respond to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying for the position, you will not be in consideration for the position. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond individually to each application.