Job posted on: 1st of August 2019
Welcome to Formula Botanica
Formula Botanica is the world’s leading organic cosmetic science school. Founded in 2012, we have grown to a global multinational teaching institution, training many thousands of cosmetic formulators through our award-winning online courses. Accredited by the UK’s Open & Distance Learning Quality Council, we teach through our core values of quality, integrity and sustainability.
Our goal is to teach our students how to formulate safe, stable and sellable botanical cosmetics. Our courses bring together the concepts of plant power and wellbeing, by combining botanical extracts and green chemistry to create skin- and haircare that makes us feel happy and healthy.
Formula Botanica’s team is located all around the world. We work from home and have a virtual office environment where the team works closely together. We are now looking to expand our team and have an opening for a Student Experience Manager.
About the Role
Formula Botanica’s Student Experience Team manages the questions and queries received via our helpdesk and with over 7000 students and many more prospective students; the Student Experience team play a critical and vital role.
The Student Experience Manager will head up this team and will also maintain external relationships with students, graduates, influencers and affiliates, making sure that Formula Botanica keeps its finger on the pulse of what is happening in its community. We are looking for someone who can balance the administrative needs of the job with the relational dynamics of student support.
This job involves extensive online and offline networking and requires the Student Experience Manager to play an active and visible role in the School’s public forums.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Act as the key focal point for all student experience and support requirements at Formula Botanica.
- Ensure the smooth running of the helpdesk and that student and prospective student enquiries are answered in a timely fashion
- Manage Formula Botanica’s Facebook page messages and respond to questions
- Manage student payments
- Collate student feedback on a quarterly basis
- Check all sales to ensure that enrolment was processed smoothly
- Follow up with failed enrolment attempts
- Maintain the Tutor Licences
- Manage the Formula Botanica Facebook Tutor Group
- Manage and host team meetings
- Oversee the team’s training needs and ensure appropriate training is given to the entire team
Our Student Experience Manager will not be expected to be an expert organic cosmetic skincare formulator but a willingness to learn basic formulation skills is required. We will expect the Student Experience Manager to be someone who can support and encourage both our students and the team. Skills and experience required are:
- Previous Helpdesk / Customer Service support experience
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills, articulate, the ability to communicate complex ideas and good attention to detail
- Strong online and offline networking and relationship building skills with the ability to manage and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and recognise issues on the horizon, plan ahead and act to mitigate any issues to protect the Formula Botanica reputation
- Ability to make quick decisions consulting all the relevant people, flexible, with willingness to re-prioritise existing tasks at short notice
- Ability to articulate point of view and recommend course of action
- Ability to deal with student complaints and complex support issues
- Have a positive can-do attitude, be reliable, responsible and able to work on own initiative
- Be confident, dynamic and articulate
Location, Contract & Remuneration
This is a home-based position on a full-time employment contract, where the right individual will need to access Formula Botanica’s systems from home. We will train you to understand all of our systems and processes. We are looking for applicants in the UK only. You must be able to travel within the UK as we host face-to-face team meetings and also expect you to work at our live events.
This is a full-time contract (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday). Occasional weekend work will be required during our 4-5 annual enrolment periods.
We offer the following employment package for the right candidate:
- £25,000 – 30,000 p.a.
- 25 days holiday pay
- Pension contribution
- A generous monthly home working allowance, to cover your computer and office requirements
Please note: we are looking for people who are as passionate about education and green beauty as we are, who are looking to build long term, collaborative and fulfilling relationships with our staff and students. If you are looking for a short term position to supplement your existing work then this is not the place for you.
Formula Botanica continues to grow and expand and the ideal candidate will be one who is on the look out for opportunities to expand their role and knowledge within an innovative environment.
How to ApplyApply now
Please note that we will only respond to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying for the position, you will not be in consideration for the position. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond individually to each application.