Job posted on: 1st of August 2019
Welcome to Formula Botanica
Formula Botanica is the world’s leading organic cosmetic science school. Founded in 2012, we have grown to a global multinational teaching institution, training many thousands of cosmetic formulators through our award-winning online courses. Accredited by the UK’s Open & Distance Learning Quality Council, we teach through our core values of quality, integrity and sustainability.
Our goal is to teach our students how to formulate safe, stable and sellable botanical cosmetics. Our courses bring together the concepts of plant power and wellbeing, by combining botanical extracts and green chemistry to create skin- and haircare that makes us feel happy and healthy.
Formula Botanica’s team is located all around the world. We work from home and have a virtual office environment where the team works closely together. We are now looking to expand our team and have an opening for a Student Adviser.
About the Role
Formula Botanica’s Student Experience Team manages the questions and queries received via our helpdesk and, with over 7,000 students and many more prospective students, the Student Experience Adviser will often be the first person they come into contact with.
With strong customer facing skills and a passion for helping people, you will work closely with your Formula Botanica colleagues to help students makes the most of their time as Formula Botanica students.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a high level of customer service while dealing with Helpdesk calls, emails and messages
- Ensure that all student contacts are dealt with in a pleasant confident manner, in line with agreed processes, taking ownership to ensure effective resolution
- Monitor job completion, chase resolution to ensure service levels are met
- Record information accurately and timely in the Zendesk Helpdesk system and any other systems required
- Monitor successful collection of monthly instalments for any student on a monthly payment plan
- Access Moodle (our e-learning platform) to help existing students and new students to access their courses and extend course access where necessary
- Liaise with students, the Formula Botanica Education Team and management to resolve queries and issues. Maintaining contact with students and colleagues to update job progress
- To work as part of a team ensuring delivery of whole service and positively contributing towards achievement of service level, performance and deadlines
- Attend events including in-person team meetings, our annual conference and other events we may hold and being an ambassador for Formula Botanica
- Help students and potential students in our online forums in conjunction with or Community Co-ordinator
- Respond to customer requests within specific timescales in order to meet KPIs and SLAs
- Maintain detailed statistical information, providing and updating reports as required
Our Student Experience Adviser will not be expected to be an expert organic cosmetic formulator but they will be a great networker and someone who can encourage and support the people in our global community. Skills and experience required are:
- Computer literate, with practical experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and E-mail. We will train you in our helpdesk system and eLearning platform
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Previous Helpdesk/Customer Service support experience essential
- Highly service focused with a ”can do” attitude
- Willingness to develop as an individual and support the development of the team
- Ability to listen, question and interpret information to understand requirements
- Ability to multi task (e.g ability to type and talk on the phone at the same time)
- Good coping skills within a high paced environment and sometimes challenging customers
- Good organisational skills. Able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Uses own initiative to take action
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a professional telephone manner
- Able to deal with customer complaints over the telephone
- To be reliable with good time keeping
- Ability to maintain standards when under pressure
Location, Contract & Remuneration
This is a home-based position on a full-time employment contract, where the right individual will need to access Formula Botanica’s systems from home. We will train you to understand all of our systems and processes. We are looking for applicants in the UK only. You must be able to travel within the UK as we host face-to-face team meetings and also expect you to work at our live events.
This is a full-time contract (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday). You will work US hours, from 12:00 – 20:00 UK time each day, in order to provide vital overlap with the rest of our helpdesk team. Occasional weekend work will be required during our 4-5 annual enrolment periods.
We offer the following employment package for the right candidate:
- £18,000 – 20,000 pa
- 25 days holiday pay
- Pension contribution
- A generous monthly home working allowance, to cover your computer and office requirements
Please note: we are looking for people who are as passionate about education and green beauty as we are, who are looking to build long term, collaborative and fulfilling relationships with our staff and students. If you are looking for a short term position to supplement your existing work then this is not the place for you.
Formula Botanica continues to grow and expand and the ideal candidate will be one who is on the look out for opportunities to expand their role and knowledge within an innovative environment.
How to ApplyApply now
Please note that we will only respond to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying for the position, you will not be in consideration for the position. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond individually to each application.