Job posted on: 1st of August 2019
Welcome to Formula Botanica
Formula Botanica is the world’s leading organic cosmetic science school. Founded in 2012, we have grown to a global multinational teaching institution, training many thousands of cosmetic formulators through our award-winning online courses. Accredited by the UK’s Open & Distance Learning Quality Council, we teach through our core values of quality, integrity and sustainability.
Our goal is to teach our students how to formulate safe, stable and sellable botanical cosmetics. Our courses bring together the concepts of plant power and wellbeing, by combining botanical extracts and green chemistry to create skin- and haircare that makes us feel happy and healthy.
Formula Botanica’s team is located all around the world. We work from home and have a virtual office environment where the team works closely together. We are now looking to expand our team and have an opening for a Marketing & PR Manager.
About the Role
We have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced and talented Marketing & PR Manager who can drive forward the Formula Botanica brand and reputation. This newly created role has a broad remit covering marketing and brand development as well as PR and reputational activity.
Working in partnership with our teams, you will be required to build on existing marketing assets and accelerate our marketing capability to reflect our global scale and ambition. Reporting to the General Manager, you will successfully blend strategic marketing development with hands-on operational delivery.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop, drive and implement the company marketing and communications strategy
- Create models and recommendations for marketing initiatives to support ongoing improvements in sales and profitability
- Running marketing campaigns through digital and offline channels in conjunction with our Digital Marketing Consultants
- Measuring and reporting on campaign activity, being able to scale campaigns to deliver ROI
- Create digital marketing plans or roadmaps to support sales and/or brand awareness objectives across the business including digital PR, SEO, PPC, Social media, Affiliate and Email marketing
- Responsible for developing and executing marketing activities and campaigns across all social channels and media
- Managing all aspects of digital marketing including photographing and uploading e-commerce website content, writing product descriptions and improving SEO
- Provide on-going insights and creative ideas to promote e-commerce optimisation and website development
- Maintain and update websites with marketing team or external agencies. Includes optimisation of web pages, landing pages, conversion strategies and technical requirements
- In conjunction with the Marketing Team write, share and approve digital content for various social media platforms
- Ensure the creation, scheduling and publishing of content on all brand social media channels ensuring tone of voice and brand identity are maintained to the highest standard
- Write media materials including press releases, biographies, fact sheets and features
- Strategically develop our brand positioning and awareness through fostering and maintaining excellent relationships among press, media and influencers
- Reporting weekly/monthly/quarterly on acquisition efforts. Identify opportunities for audience development and growth
- Maximise positive news flow around campaigns, and brand partnerships
- Organising events including conferences, exhibitions and open days in the UK and around the world
- Motivate and manage the Marketing Team
Our PR & Marketing Manager will be capable of delivering high quality outcomes at speed, ensuring we remain agile and flexible in our marketing approach. Skills and experience required are:
- Have solid and demonstrable experience in marketing, with deep knowledge of advertising and integrated marketing communications, including strategy, creative, production and media preferably in-house (approx. 3-5 years).
- Strong networking and relationship building skills with the ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and recognise issues on the horizon, plan ahead and act to mitigate any issues to protect the Formula Botanica reputation
- Ability to make quick decisions consulting all the relevant people, flexible, with willingness to re-prioritise existing tasks at short notice
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills, articulate, the ability to communicate complex ideas, good attention to detail and flawless grammar and spelling
- Ability to articulate point of view and recommend course of action
- Extensive understanding of Google Analytics, Search Console, Social Media Insights, Excel/Google Spreadsheets
- Proven track record of setting up and managing AdWords campaigns through Google MCC
- Comprehensive understanding of digital marketing funnels
- Ideally experienced with digital and product launch formula
- Fluency in major social media networks
- Able to plan, execute, and optimise digital strategies
- Have strong multi-tasking capabilities, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate to get the best deals and results for the company
- Have a positive can-do attitude, be reliable, responsible and work on own initiative
- Be strategically minded, confident, dynamic and articulate
Location, Contract & Remuneration
This is a home-based position on a full-time employment contract, where the right individual will need to access Formula Botanica’s systems from home. We will train you to understand all of our systems and processes. We are looking for applicants in the UK only. You must be able to travel within the UK as we host face-to-face team meetings and also expect you to work at our live events.
This is a full-time contract (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday). Occasional weekend work will be required during our 4-5 annual enrolment periods.
We offer the following employment package for the right candidate:
- £32,000 – 35,000 p.a.
- 25 days holiday pay
- Pension contribution
- A generous monthly home working allowance, to cover your computer and office requirements
Please note: we are looking for people who are as passionate about education and green beauty as we are, who are looking to build long term, collaborative and fulfilling relationships with our staff and students. If you are looking for a short term position to supplement your existing work then this is not the place for you.
Formula Botanica continues to grow and expand and the ideal candidate will be one who is on the look out for opportunities to expand their role and knowledge within an innovative environment.
How to ApplyApply now
Please note that we will only respond to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying for the position, you will not be in consideration for the position. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond individually to each application.