Job posted on: 1st of August 2019
Welcome to Formula Botanica
Formula Botanica is the world’s leading organic cosmetic science school. Founded in 2012, we have grown to a global multinational teaching institution, training many thousands of cosmetic formulators through our award-winning online courses. Accredited by the UK’s Open & Distance Learning Quality Council, we teach through our core values of quality, integrity and sustainability.
Our goal is to teach our students how to formulate safe, stable and sellable botanical cosmetics. Our courses bring together the concepts of plant power and wellbeing, by combining botanical extracts and green chemistry to create skin- and haircare that makes us feel happy and healthy.
Formula Botanica’s team is located all around the world. We work from home and have a virtual office environment where the team works closely together. We are now looking to expand our team and have an opening for a Digital & Social Media Specialist.
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual looking to join the Marketing team in a brand new role. You will be producing compelling content for sharing across multiple social channels, building strong relationships with new and existing followers across all social media platforms and driving social media growth.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Produce creative and engaging content for all social platforms
- Edit images, schedule and upload content for social platforms
- Monitor all activity across each social channel, confidently moderate discussions and be the social expert – have a good understanding of audience behaviours on key social channels, and understand how content should respond to this
- Monitor activity on the social platforms to ensure that questions / comments are swiftly and confidently addressed and relevant content shared across platforms
- Be the main social contact at Formula Botanica, sharing learnings and best practice to support the social media growth
- Enhance and deliver the brand tone and values via all social channels
- Write compelling copy for blogs, vlogs, newsletters and the company website
- Take and edit video from a phone and set it up on our the social channels to encourage engagement
- Monitor the latest social media trends and new social opportunities to ensure Formula Botanica is at the forefront
- Planning, creating and optimising paid social media adverts and assess campaign performance, producing analytical reports and presentations of results
- Review Formula Botanica’s weekly and monthly summaries/ dashboards of all activity and results, measuring achievements against objectives and working proactively to make suggestions and recommendations based on KPIs
- Help with SEO tasks and other digital marketing activities
- Attend live events in the UK and internationally alongside the FB team in order to create extensive social media assets, including photos, videos, vlogs and stories
Our Digital & Social Media Marketing Specialist will be organised, hands on and in your element in a fast-paced environment. Skills and experience required are:
- Competent in using WordPress, Photo Shop, Camtasia / FinalCutPro or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly creative with excellent flair and imagination
- Able to write and adapt writing styles for different audiences
- Ability to work autonomously in a rapidly changing environment, but also have experience collaborating as part of a wider marketing team to deliver
- Proven success creating and managing marketing campaigns through paid ads; Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter – be ready to present several examples of successful projects
- Strong copywriting skills, you are able to write any kind of social media post (delivering continuous engaging content, across all platforms)
- A passion for researching topic areas to produce tips, advice and blog / vlog pieces
- Buckets of enthusiasm for Organic Skincare industry – be aware of the latest trends
- An ability to analyse data to optimise performance
- Able to learn quickly, work independently and efficiently
- Willing to travel to events and confident in being visible
- A team player with oodles of initiative and a great eye for detail
- Be prepared to step in outside of working hours to mop stuff up and moderate where required
Location, Contract & Remuneration
This is a home-based position on a full-time employment contract, where the right individual will need to access Formula Botanica’s systems from home. We will train you to understand all of our systems and processes. We are looking for applicants in the UK only. You must be able to travel within the UK as we host face-to-face team meetings and also expect you to work at our live events.
This is a full-time contract (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday). Occasional weekend work will be required during our 4-5 annual enrolment periods.
We offer the following employment package for the right candidate:
- £22,000 – 25,000 p.a.
- 25 days holiday pay
- Pension contribution
- A generous monthly home working allowance, to cover your computer and office requirements
Please note: we are looking for people who are as passionate about education and green beauty as we are, who are looking to build long term, collaborative and fulfilling relationships with our staff and students. If you are looking for a short term position to supplement your existing work then this is not the place for you.
Formula Botanica continues to grow and expand and the ideal candidate will be one who is on the look out for opportunities to expand their role and knowledge within an innovative environment.
How to ApplyApply now
Please note that we will only respond to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying for the position, you will not be in consideration for the position. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond individually to each application.